[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Women’s House (Kvinnohuset) is an association working for the rights of women and against all forms of violence and persecution.
We can offer supportive talks free of charge. Our staff speak both Swedish and English


  • If you need someone to talk to or if you suspect that someone close to you is being ill-treated,
  • The women’s refuge (Kvinnojouren) provides direct support for women exposed to violence,
  • We also consider the situation of children and their need for support.


It is important that you understand your rights: 

  • You have the right to be listened to and respected,
  • All forms of violence are illegal,
  • If you need help, you have the right to support from the social services in the municipal district where you live,
  • Remember that you have the right to an interpreter whenever you are in contact with the authorities.


What does the Social Services Act say?

According to Chapter 5 Section 11 of the Social Services Act (SoL), the Social Welfare Board shall take special note that women who are being or have been subjected to violence or other abuse by persons close to them may be in need of support and help in order to change their situation.

The Social Welfare Board is responsible for ensuring that a child who is exposed to crime and their close relatives receive the support and help that they need.

The Social Welfare Board shall also be especially aware that a child who witnesses violence or other abuse by or against a close relative is the victim of a crime and the Board shall be responsible for ensuring that the child receives the support and help that the child needs.


If you are in need of protected living, contact the Social Services through the municipal authority’s exchange, Tel: 021-39 00 00. On evenings or weekends, contact the on-duty social services at Tel: 021-39 20 66.

Always telephone 112 in an acute situation!


”All women and girls shall have the real power to form their own lives, to own their bodies, and to choose whom they will have sex with and whom they will live with.”

Information material provided by Roks (the National Organisation for Women’s Shelters and Young Women’s Shelters in Sweden)[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]